Admin Button
อีเมล์/เลขบัตรประชาชน :
รหัสผ่าน :
ลืมรหัสผ่าน
History of City Hall
     Formerly, there were not any city halls stationed in provinces for administering a province like today. Governors administered provinces at their houses. There was a hall built outside the front fences of the house called ‘City Hall’. This was the place where conferences were held and when the court judged cases. The governors would have to invest their own assets to build these constructions; therefore, when the period of that governor ended, the hall would be the heritage of his lineages. Whoever became a new governor, if he was not the one who received the heritage from the old governor, he would have to find the new city hall based on how much he could afford. The stationed city administration office was just built when the ‘county’ system had been applied.

     The old administration office of Trang was also in this condition. The one who first sought to build the city administration hall was Somdet Chaophraya Borom Maha Sri Suriwongse (Chuang Bunnak) who came out to command the southern province on the west side. On B.E. 2421 (A.D. 1878) in the era which the province was located in Kuan Thani, the city hall had been called ‘Government House’. However, Somdet Chaophraya had passed away on B.E. 2425 (A.D. 1882) despite the fact that the ‘Government House’ was not successfully constructed.

     In the period that Phraya Ratsadanupradit built the city at Kantang, he chose the city administration hall at Kuan which is currently the District community hall. Then, when Muang Trang was moved to locate at Tub Tiang on 1 January B.E. 2458 (A.D. 1915). At first, they used the relax palace as the temporary city hall for the province which is currently the Phraya Ratsadanupradit Mahison Phakdi Monument.

     In the era that Phra Ratchayota (Jerm Panyarachun) held office as the governor of Trang (Later became Phraya Trang - Phumapibal), the Tongkah Jarbour company, doing a mining business in Trang, donated 20,000 baht for constructing the city hall; hence, the construction in the new place was initiated on B.E. 2461 (A.D. 1918). The contractor was Mr. Sai, an engineer who was proficient in building from Phuket, and the controller was Luang Rittamart, the deputy chief of the province. The contract made with the contractor was assigned to finish within 10 months; nonetheless, there was later a problem in equipment supply because at that time the, transportation was not convenient, so the contract period was extended for 2 times. And then the construction was finally finished. The office was opened on 1 January B.E. 2463 (A.D. 1920). This 1-storey-wood city hall of Trang was 60 meters long and 15 meters broad and its roof consisted of middle and side terraces.


    Until B.E. 2507 (A.D. 1964), The prosperity of the province had been increasingly growing. The wood city hall began to be worn out due to the fact that it had been used as the official place for 44 years. And If they had spent the annual government statement of expenditure to repair the city hall, the result would not be worth in terms of the permanent structure progress and the overall buildings in Trang had also been increasing. Thus, it was worth building a new city hall in order that it would be modern and be in accordance with the landscape and the development at that time. Subsequently, the province requested an annual budget allocation on B.E. 2507 (A.D. 1964) to construct the new city hall for the province within the financial amount of approved budget allocation for 3,000,000 baht. They modified the design of the Ranong city hall together with the design of Trang. The hall shape consisted of 2 floors with the third floor on the middle terrace. At front of the building was a 1-storey deck for cars to pass through in which its terrace reached out of the building for 6 meters. It was also built by concretes, plus steel. The construction contract was made on 2 June B.E. 2507 (A.D. 1964). The overall construction duration was 7 months and 20 days. And This was the first city hall in Thailand which was built in mixed designs. Then, the opening ceremony was held on 10 April B.E. 2508 (A.D. 1965).

     On B.E. 2539 (A.D. 1996) in the era in which Mr. Yongyut Vichaidit, the governor of Trang, received the approved annual budget for 112,400,000 baht to build a new 5-storey concrete city hall connected with the old hall as well as providing the repairment simultaneously. The Trang Thong Wood Trading Limited Partnership (ห้างหุ้นส่วนจำกัดตรังทองค้าไม้) took charge as a contractor. The construction contract started from 1 October B.E. 2539 (A.D. 1996) and ‘Groundbreaking’ ceremony was held on 17 May B.E. 2540 (A.D. 1997) at 09.39 a.m. (Falling on Saturday of the 12 waxing moon in the sixth month, in the year of the ox, Cancer and in auspicious time.). the hall was constructed during the economic crisis of Thailand, so it had to be halted temporarily, making the operation delay. During the period in which Mr. Chalermchai Preechanon was the governor of Trang, the contractor was changed to Nawin Construction Co., Ltd instead since 4 March B.E. 2542 (A.D. 1999) and the Phra Garuda Lifting ceremony on the front of the office was held on 19 November B.E. 2543 (A.D. 2000) at 08.19 a.m. (Falling on the 8 waning moon in the twelfth month, in the year of the great snake and in Joro auspicious time). The overall construction was completed on 22 January B.E. 2544 (A.D. 2001).

     Due to the fact that there was not any front terrace on the front of the new city hall of Trang, it lacked beauty and was not convenient for administration officials and citizens to enter and exit. Therefore, Mr. Chalermchai Preechanon, the governor of Trang, specified the designs to add a front terrace and a stair for walking up to the front of the new city hall of Trang. Also, he raised counterpart funds for construction amounting to 3,380,000 baht which came from activities and the association of devotees without spending any annual government statement of expenditure. Afterwards, the province gained more of the annual budget allocation on B.E. 2544 (A.D. 2001) which amounted to 3,580,000 improving areas such as fences, the front hall, the public relations board, the stone wall of the provincial court, pathways, the elevator system, the small park in front of the old city hall of Trang and so forth. When the construction was successfully operated, the place became much more convenient for people in contacting the governor of officials. The hall seemed beautiful and was admired by Trang people and foreigners who visited Muang Trang. The opening ceremony of the hall was determined on 18 July B.E. 2548 (A.D. 2005).